Ahead of cup games starting this weekend the Fixture’s Committee would just like to remind clubs of the cup match format:
- Each game consists of 4 Quarters, the same as a league match
- There is no extra-time
- If a draw then the result is decided by a Shoot-Out
Best of luck to all teams.
The year 2020 will long be remembered for the impact that Covid 19 has had on us all. For many the year has required a huge change to our everyday habits – both within our families, socially, mentally and physically. For those of you who have lost loved ones this year, on behalf of the Leinster Hockey Board, I offer our sincere condolences.
Continue reading “Message from LHA”
RE: Government announcement on Covid 19 that Dublin is placed on Level 3 from midnight
Following Hockey Ireland’s statement and the Government announcement that Dublin is moving to Level 3 of the Living with Covid plan from midnight tonight (18092020) and having regard to the guidelines by the Sport Ireland Return to Sport Expert Group, the LHA Board, Ladies and Men’s Committees have confirmed the following:
· Finals scheduled for 18 – 20th September can proceed as scheduled
· Men’s Cup Finals carried over from the 2019/20 season scheduled for the 03rd October are considered to be “pre-planned” and so are permitted
· Men’s Division 1A and 1B can proceed as scheduled
· Ladies Division 1 and 2 can proceed as scheduled
· Ladies and Men’s Divisions 3 – 13 will commence on 10th October (per published fixture schedule)
This will be kept under review and may be subject to change in line with Government announcements.
The Leinster Ladies have released a set of Contingency Plans for the forthcoming season. All teams captains & club members should carefully read these protocols so everybody is aware.
The Leinster Hockey Men’s Committee has been furiously working with Hockey Ireland to create some semblance of normality for the 2020/21 Hockey Season and a document has been put together to help answer your questions.
The document is open for comment and the committee would welcome any comments or questions.
A similar document should be forthcoming for the ladies section and the junior section.
The Leinster Hockey Umpires Association (LHUA) will be running a series of online sessions over the next few weeks which are open to all umpires and aspiring umpires in Leinster. The topics that will be covered are
1. Positioning – 7:30pm, Tuesday 18th August
Presenter: Alison Keogh – https://forms.gle/ESvVwcZdpe2tJn5Z6
2. Penalty Corners – 7:30pm, Thursday 27th August
Presenter: Bruce Bale – https://forms.gle/s1r3rHSTde9g524Z9
3. Management – 7:30pm, Wednesday 2nd September
Presenter: Tom Goode – https://forms.gle/PVqzdTU4pdzkLZ1n9
4. Pre-Match Preparation (incl. Open Q&A) – 7:30pm, Monday 7th September
Presenter: Fiona Davitt – https://forms.gle/vttXqCMe2evkTHWj9
Registration is via the Google Form under each topic and attendees are invited to submit any questions via the form. This is a great opportunity to learn more about specific areas of the game and we would urge anyone interested in umpiring to register for any or all of these online events.
Last week the Leinster Hockey Association gave a presentation on player development programme. See more on the link below.
Notice of Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Leinster Hockey Association 2020 – 10th July 2020
Venue: Three Rock Rovers HC (Pitch) at 19:30
Due to the Covid19 restrictions currently in place and in light of the Company’s requirement under Statutory Law to hold the AGM on/by 10th July 2020, the Board has determined to hold the AGM on 10th July 2020.
The Board has determined the following in respect of this meeting
1. The normal agenda will not be followed
2. There will be five items on the agenda (detailed below)
3. A full General Meeting of the Leinster Hockey Association will take place no later than 30th September (subject to compliance with Government and HSE guidelines in respect of Covid-19).
Following the recent online roadshow, we have had a great response to our call for volunteers to join some of the LHA Working Groups. However, we have identified one area that we are urgently seeking people to get involved with – the Finance Working Group. This is a critical function within the Leinster Hockey Association and we need to appoint a group of 3-5 people, one of whom would assume the role of Treasurer, to oversee the finances of the organisation.
The day to day accounts (invoicing/debtors/creditors) are managed by the Executive Officer, so the role of the Finance Working Group would be to oversee monthly accounts, produce/assess financial statements and ownership of the budget.
The company has recently moved to an online account package (SAGE).
We are asking for representatives from your clubs to come forward onto this essential Working Group and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sent on behalf of the LHA Board