DLR Sports Partnership will be running a Certified Coaching Ireland Workshop, starting on Monday 15th of November from 6pm to 9pm in Killiney Castle hotel.
The cost of the programme is €10 per participant (these fees are subsidised through Dormant Accounts Fund).
Coaching Ireland have developed the “Coaching Teenage Girls in Sport Workshop” and is designed specifically to support coaches of girls 12-17 years of age. It will enable coaches to create a positive experience of sport and physical activity for girls in their formative years. Enhancing their environment where girls can enjoy their sport leading to a positive experience of being involved with sport in their club. This will then aid in retention within their given sport.
Who is this Workshop for?
This workshop is targeted at coaches, volunteers, committee members, involved in female participation across all sporting types, in particular the club structure.
Time: 6pm to 9pm
Date: 15th of November
Venue: Fitzpatrick’s Castle Hotel, Killiney Co. Dublin
On completion of the workshop, coaches will receive a certificate of attendance from Sport Ireland.
Key Learning Outcomes
1. Gain an understanding of the relationship between sports participation and physical/mental health for adolescent girls.
2. Identify the key reasons why girls engage in physical activity and sport and why they drop out.
3. The importance of fun and informal participation can have teenage girls
4. Understand the importance of communication (coach to player and player to player) in retaining girls in sport
5. Raise awareness around the effect’s puberty can have in the teenage years.
6. Identify the role of actual competence and confidence for engaging girls in sport and physical activity.
7. Examine coaching practices and communication that build’s autonomy, confidence, and belonging in girls across team and individual sports.
8. Designing club structures and culture that encourages and caters for relationship building and continuing participation in the club.