Hockey Ireland’s Covid-19 Group met yesterday to discuss the recent announcements regarding Covid-19 restrictions made by the Irish (ROI) Government and the Northern Irish (NI) Executive.
The following changes have been made to Hockey Ireland Covid-19 guidelines. (Please note: These restrictions do not apply to Irish Senior International squads under Sport Ireland’s elite exemption).
1. As per Level 3 guidelines, adults in ROI will be allowed to return to non-contact training with immediate effect. Training must be in pods of maximum 15 (including coaches/managers) and socially distanced at all time.
2. Competition/matches may not be played at any level.
For All Ireland Competitions:
1. Hockey Ireland’s principle of all clubs competing on a level basis in relation to Covid-19 restrictions remains in place.
2. No All-Ireland hockey competition (EYHL1, EYHL2 or Cups) will start until a 4-week lead-in period has passed that would start from the point in time that training is allowed on the entire island of Ireland.
3. Training for EYHL clubs will be allowed if permitted under the Government rules but this will be reviewed once the current period of lockdown for Northern Ireland has passed on December 11th.
Go to Hockey.ie or email email@example.com for more information.